CHARGE: The Committee will review all of the Commencement awards, approve the criteria for selection of award recipients, implement a procedure appropriate for selection of award recipients, and carry out that procedure.
The Committee will solicit nominations from the Bryant community for the following awards:
- The Achievement in Creative Expression Award
- The Bryant University Good Citizenship Award
- The George M. Parks Award
- The Roger W. Babson Award
The following awards are selected by respective departments, which must submit the names and biographies of award recipients to the Awards Committee no later than March 8.
Academic Affairs – Office of the Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer
- The Bryant University Scholar Award
- The President’s List Sash
Academic Records Office
- The Jeremiah Clark Barber Award
- The George J. Kelly Award
- The Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key Award
- The Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants Award
- The Leander Francis Emin Endowed Homestead Award
- The Anna M. & Jere St. Angelo ‘61 Accounting Award (2)
Athletics Department (2)
- The Female Senior Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award
- The Male Senior Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award
- The Communication Department Award
Computer Information Systems Department
- The Computer Information Systems Department Award
- The Excellence in Economics Award
English and Cultural Studies Department
- The Literary and Cultural Studies Award
- The Jack H. Rubens Leadership in Finance Award
- The Jack H. Rubens Leadership in Financial Services Award
History and Social Sciences Department
- The Global Studies Award
- The Legal Studies Award
- The Political Science Award
- The Sociology Award
- The Pell Medal for United States History Award
- The Target Corporation Bryant Student Chapter of SHRM Management Department Award (3 )
- The John Hancock Insurance Company Award (2 )
- The SAS Institute Award (2)
Modern Languages Department
- The Modern Languages Department Award
Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity
- The Kappa Tau Brotherhood Award
- The Excellence in Applied Psychology Award
- The Reserve Officers’ Training Corps Achievement Award
- The Environmental Science Leadership Award
- The Excellence in Biology Award
Student Senate Service Awards Committee
- The Student Senate Service Award (6)
The Student Charge is delivered by a graduating senior who is selected by the Committee from a pool of applicants.
Recommendations to effect changes in awards are made to the Interim Provost.
The Committee will include a biography on each recipient.
- Administrators – Residence Life, Student Activities, Academic Affairs Administration
- Other: Faculty (1), Student with Junior standing (1)
Ex-officio: VPSA/Dean of Student Life or designee
NOTE: The VPSA/Dean of Students will serve in an ad hoc capacity on this Committee and vote in the event that someone from that area has not been selected to serve as a regular member of the Committee.
MEETINGS: As necessary at the call of the Chair.
Selection of award recipients must be finalized and submitted to the Commencement Committee no later than April 15.
REPORT: The final report of the Committee which lists all award recipients is to be submitted to the Interim Provost by April 15 of each academic year.