Non-traditional students are described as those students whose primary focus is on work and/or family and who pursue their education on a part-time basis.

Part-time Study for Non-traditional Students

To study part time, students must apply to the Admissions Office as nontraditional students. To study part-time, nontraditional students must enroll in fewer than 12 credit hours of study during each semester. To register for more than three courses, part-time students must obtain authorization from the Registrar and pay traditional (full-time) semester tuition. Part-time students have up to 12 years to complete their bachelor’s degree requirements, and must complete their final 30 credits at Bryant. Students may choose day and evening courses.

All non-traditional students must be admitted to a degree program. Students interested in pursuing a degree part time should schedule an appointment with the Office of Admission. When applying for admission, students must submit the following:

  1. Completed application for non-traditional, part-time status and the associated application fee;
  2. Official final high school transcript or an official copy of the results of the general equivalency examination;
  3. Official transcripts from any colleges previously attended.
    Credits from another institution may be transferred to Bryant in fulfillment of degree requirements according to transfer credit evaluation policies in affect at the time of application.

A variety of support services are available to students who pursue their degree through part-time study. Services include information and advice on career placement, learning assistance, academic counseling, and access to the Chace Wellness Center and all library and computing resources.

A limited amount of financial aid is available to degree candidates registered for six through nine credits per semester. Students studying part time are also encouraged to review their eligibility to receive tuition reimbursement through employer educational benefits.

Note: On-campus housing is not available to non-traditional students, and participation in campus clubs and organizations is limited.