Academic Program Declaration of Major/Concentration

All undergraduate students are required to officially declare a major/concentration by the end of the second semester of their sophomore year. Students in the College of Arts and Sciences must declare their major. In addition to the concentration declaration, students in the College of Business must also declare their required liberal arts minor.

To officially declare a major/concentration or minor, students must complete a “Major/Concentration Declaration Form” or “Minor Declaration Form”. Forms are available from either the Office of the Registrar website or the Undergraduate Advising website. These forms must be completed and signed by your academic advisor and the Department Chair/Coordinator for your major/concentration or required minor. Submit the signed forms to the Office of the Registrar.

Students that do not complete the official process of declaring their major/concentration or required minor will have a registration hold placed on their Banner account in the fall of the junior year. The hold prevents registration for spring semester courses.