The Undergraduate Advising Office provides academic advising services, as well as program planning and policy information, for all undergraduate students. At the start of the first year, all undergraduate students are assigned a professional academic advisor.
Through participation in academic advising students will:
- Demonstrate the ability to make effective decisions concerning their degree and career goals.
- Develop an educational plan for successfully achieving their goals and select courses each semester to progress toward the completion of their undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of higher education.
- Utilize the resources and services on campus to assist them in achieving their academic, personal, and career goals.
- Be able to accurately read and effectively utilize a degree audit in their educational planning.
- Graduate in a timely manner based on their educational plan.
Academic advising is a collaborative educational process whereby students and their advisors are partners in meeting the essential learning outcomes, ensuring student academic success, and outlining the steps for achievement of the students’ personal, academic, and career goals. This advisor/student partnership requires participation and involvement of both the advisor and the student as it is built over the student’s entire educational experience at the University.